The Board of Directors is seeking a full-time General Manager to lead the Museum in its mission to preserve, present and promote the history of aviation in British Columbia. The successful candidate will be a hands-on, multifaceted leader, managing the day-to-day operations of the Museum. The General Manager is also responsible for fund-raising for operations and for the future development of the Museum.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the General Manager will be responsible for the fulfillment of the Museum’s Mission Statement. These duties include:
• Management and supervision of a small staff and a group of volunteers,
• Articulating the Museum’s mission to the general public, the funding community, and the professional museum community - maintain and develop these relationships, and creatively promote the Museum in the region, both as an educational institution and as a heritage tourism destination.
• Refining and implementing an overall Strategic Plan, jointly developed with the Board.
• Financial planning. The General Manager will be responsible for the general financial condition of the Museum and will oversee the disbursement of funds within the approved annual budget, while ensuring that the Museum is in compliance with appropriate financial controls. This includes the preparation of an annual budget to be submitted to the Board. The General Manager, in conjunction with the Board, will plan for the strategic and tactical generation of income
• Preparation of plans for programming and enhancement of exhibits that shall be presented to the Board. Guidance for the Museum in instituting best practices in programming, exhibits and curatorial activities.
• Management of the Museum’s membership.
• Management of flight operations.
• Security and fire callout 24/7.
• Promotion of the Museum as a site for events that generate income.
• All duties incident to the responsibilities set forth herein and such other duties as may be prescribed by the Board from time to time.
• Experience in personnel management.
• Small business management, or similar experience.
• Fund raising management.
• Excellent verbal, written, computer, and people skills.
• Highly organized self-starter.
• Team player.
• Able to multi-task.
• Ability to meet deadlines.
• Proven ability to engage staff and volunteers and to manage a budget.
• Experience with flight operations would be an asset.
Salary: $40,000 per year
Closing Date: May 31, 2015
Reply to: firstname.lastname@example.org